How I make my own PTFE (Teflon) motor oil additive, continued...
On eBay, I purchased 1/4 lb of PTFE powder with a particle size distribution in the 1-9 micron range.
To make my own PTFE additive I assemble:
- the PTFE powder
- a clean container (something that can hold a quart of oil)
- a quart of fresh motor oil. I use 10W40 weight for my small engines.
- a small lab spatula (a butter knife works)
- a wide-mouth container for the initial mixing is handy
- a lab scale if I am feeling meticulous.
PTFE powder, oil, mixing jar
I bought PTFE powder, 1-9 micron, on eBay. I use about 2 grams/quart.